Achievements of The Sunny Trust
Since we started in 2006, the Sunny Trust has raised over £150,000.
Examples of how this money has supported Bakdil have included:
- the construction of a Bakdil office and 3 community centres
- the purchase of 2 jeeps and an ambulance so that Fr. Sunny and his team can travel to the remote and scattered parishes and villages to implement healthcare programmes, malaria awareness camps, feeding programmes and other training programmes.
- a tractor for improving agricultural productivity for rural women in interior villages
- providing financial assistance to 250 women to support economic empowerment through income-generation projects
- emergency appeals in response to floods and cyclones
In January 2008, Niki Davies (Treasurer) and Helen Golding (Parishioner) had the honour of taking part in the inauguration ceremony for the Office/Training Centre that has been built using funds provided by The Sunny Trust.
This building will be used as a base for Fr. Sunny and his team at Bakdil and as a training centre for Self Help Group animators and leaders, Health Care Workers and other groups requiring training.